FAITH FOR NOW
We thank God for what He has done in the past months from January, February, March, April and what He will do in this new month of May.
A lot has happened for which we should thank God for, but for us to continue in this attitude of thankfulness which will enable us to be focused and make impact in our generation we need to understand “The Dynamics of Faith”.
This is because God is still in charge , He still rules in the affairs of Men. But he has only put man in control through delegated authority
Three times in the book of Daniel, God declared that He reigns in the affairs of men.
Daniel 4:17b KJV
 ——: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.—
 —-till thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.
Daniel 4:32b KJV
,—- until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.
The heaven of heavens is for God, but he put us in charge of the earth(.MSG)
• It is not a controversy—WE ARE IN CHARGE HERE ON EARTH.
The bible says inHebrews 11:6-7 (KJV)
 But without faith it is impossible to please him : for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Hebrews 11:6 NIV
 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Have you seen God before ( God the father )?—no.
As human beings we are caught between two realms of existence.
•The spiritual realm and the physical realm.
•The physical realm is temporal and it consist of what we can see and contact with our 5 senses.
–SIGHT, SMELL, TOUCH.TASTE, HEAR
•The spiritual realm is the unseen realm, it is eternal, it is the realm where God dwells and He wants us to be at home in this realm.
•We can only be at home in this realm by only one means, and that is by walking in FAITH .
•Faith THEREFORE CONNECTS US TO THE UNSEEN REALM, AND ENABLES US TO EXPERIENCE THE UNSEEN REALITIES OF GOD AND HIS WORD.
—2 Corinthians 5:7—
For we walk by faith, not by sight:) (KJV)
Habakkuk 2:4 KJV
——-”but the righteous will live by his faith” (NIV)-
2 Corinthians 4:18 KJV
 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
• We look at the unseen to shape the seen. The world was created from the unseen realm.
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith .(KJV)
•Gal 3:11(KJV)— But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith (.KJV)
•Heb 10:38 (KJV)– Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. (KJV)
–This statement is also mentioned 3 times in the bible to show the importance of faith in God’s scheme of things.
WHAT IS FAITH
Hebrews 11:1 KJV
 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
• Substance of things hoped for—those things you are yet to see, it is the substance.
• Faith is an evidence of things not seen—-
• Here the bible points out a contrast between the things that are seen and the things that are not seen.The visible and the invisible.
• Our senses connects us to the visible , while faith takes us beyond the visible to the invisible.
How do we acquire this faith ?.
•Ro 10:17 —So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ. (NASB)
—which means if you do not have faith , you can acquire it .
How does it come :
—by hearing and hearing—
Testimony of healing
• A man was sick in hospital from skin decease.
• The doctors at a stage could not provide the solution.
• Fortunately this sick man became a christain shortly before the sickness , and during this period the Holy spirit kept on reminding him that God can heal him.
• In his inner man he knew,and he kept on saying “if I have faith God will heal me”.
• The sick man used to read the bible regularly.
• One day the holy spirit arrested his attention to the scripture in Romans 10: 17 “So faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ”. (KJV)
—the phrase “Cometh” Jump up into his mind
• The Holy spirit gave him the understanding that if he did not have faith ,it can be acquired by hearing ,regularly the word of God
• That means that the source of faith was right there in his hand(The bible)
• He made a decision to read the whole bible and to mark with a blue pencil every where the following topics were mentioned–healing,health,
•After 2 months ,he read the book of Proverbs and found deep meaning to the following scriptures
•Pr 4:20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
• Pr 4:21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
• Pr 4:22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. (KJV)
•Prov 4:20-23 (NLT)
•20 Pay attention, my child, to what I say. Listen carefully.
• 21 Don’t lose sight of my words. Let them penetrate deep within your heart,
•22 for they bring life and radiant health to anyone who discovers their meaning. (NLT)
–As he was underling these words , their meaning began to open up to him.
MY SON means , his father is speaking to him.
—a personal message
—a family discussion.
—the father was telling him what his word could be to him “health to all his flesh” or medicine to all his body.
He began to take God’s word as medicine .
God spoke to him and said ,when the doctor gives a person a medicine the prescription is written on the bottle .
This passage in proverbs is My Medicine Bottle and the directions are on it.
You better read them
He obeyed God and decided to read this verses in proverb again, and he discovered four directions for taking God’s Medicine.
—undivided concentration as you read them
INCLINE THINE EAR
—humble teachable attitude
–laying aside all your prejudices,preconceptions
–receiving with open mind.
LET THEM NOT DEPART FROM THINE EYES.
–keep your eyes focused on the word.
–let not your eyes wonder
KEEP THEM IN THE MIDST OF THINE HEART.
–keep them at the centre of your heart.
–keep meditating on them.
The man continued to take God’s medicine three times a day.
After each meal he would bow down and pray saying lord you have promised me that these words of yours will be medicine to my flesh and I am taking them as medicine .In Jesus name.
After a period of time this man became completely healed.
Let us pray
–Give me a sound mind to attend to your word.
–Make me to incline my ears to your sayings.
–Remove distractions from my life.
–Make me focused on your word.