WHAT IS LAZINESS
Laziness comes from the word “Lazy” which means: not liking to work hard or to be active.
Forms of Laziness-,
- Spiritual laziness—avoiding spiritual work, e.g. praying, meditation etc.
- Mental laziness.—unwilling to apply your Mind to doing anything e.g. studying, creative , thinking
- Physical laziness—applying your physical strength to doing anything etc.
“Despite their desires, the lazy will come to ruin, for their hands refuse to work. “Proverbs 21:25 (NLT)
Laziness is one of the internal enemies of man.
It is inside a man and forms the basis of most bad decisions a man makes.
Unfortunately God did not create man that way, but it was introduced to man through sin.
As a result of this, the average man will seek the easy way out of any situation. When the situation gets tougher they bow out.
Most of the people in the world are lazy and believers that supposed to know better are worse offenders. They are idle and consequently, few attain their God-given potentials.
This affects the kingdom because children of God that are supposed to be impactful are doing nothing.
Originally God created man to be according to Genesis 1:28 (KJV)—————-, be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moves upon the earth.
The job description given to man
- Be fruitful, in all they are and do.
- Multiply all that he has given them.
- Fill the earth with all that He has given them.
- Subdue the earth
- Have dominion over all that is on earth,& fill the earth.
Consequently Adam was put in the garden to till and keep it (Gen 5:25)
In order to fulfill the above roles man has to have dominion over
- The fish of the sea,
- The birds of the air,
- Every living things that moves upon the earth.
In order to achieve all this man has to WORK HARD.
A lazy person cannot fully achieve all this instructions from God.
- Laziness will make one not to obey God’ commands to take complete control.
- Laziness is therefore disobedient to God’s instruction.
- Laziness is a sin against God.
- Laziness is a rebellion against God.
- Laziness is the worship of self instead of God.
- Laziness is an attempt to overthrow God
- A lazy person has another God called self. — Which desires attention and worship & which says – I want attention , I Want to relax, enjoy, I desire more sleep.
There is a constant conflict between God and self.
Galatians 5:17 KJV
 For the flesh lusted against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
God desires that man should work hard to resist and dethrone the god of self from dictating how man’s affairs should be run.
Laziness allows the God of self to rule.
Laziness is an attempt to over throw God.
If you are lazy , you have decided to overthrow God.
Ask yourself an honest question—“Am I lazy”. If you are not sure ask God to help you, He will tell you. And if you are, you must repent and begin to learn how to work hard.
The bible says in John 5:17 NIV
 ————Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.”
- God is working to build the kingdom.
- Jesus is working also.
- A lazy person is not.
- Are you one of them?
- Laziness means cooperation with Satan
- God the Father is working hard, building the kingdom.
- Jesus is working hard, co-operating with God in building the kingdom.
- The Holy Spirit is doing the same as Jesus.
- Hard – working believers are co-operating with the Holy Spirit to help build the kingdom.
- Satan is working hard to overthrow and frustrate the Kingdom work.
- Lazy people are co- operating with Satan to stop and scatter the kingdom work.
Matthew 12:30 KJV
 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
Laziness is a wicked act. Laziness is a wasteful act
Matt 25:24-29 (NLT)
24 “Then the man who had received the one talent came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed.
25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’
26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed?
27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.
28 “‘Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has the ten talents.
29 For everyone who has will be given more, and he will have abundance.
Laziness is a sin.