Deliverance from Laziness
Come to yourself, Repent & Receive forgiveness from God.
- It is possible that you have been lazy all this wile and has never seen the laziness as a sin of equal or more gravity than other sins as adultrey,theft etc
- It may also be that just now the Holy Spirit has opened your eyes to see things as they are, If that is so , it is a good start. I Recommend that you come to yourself.
- Luke 15:11-18—the story of the prodigal son.
- Verse 17—“But when he came to himself”—when the son came to himself , he took steps backward toward his father .
- Acknowledge before God that you have been and you are still lazy.
- You may pray this prayers:[LET US STAND]
–My Lord my God
- I have been lazy
- I have been lazy in thinking
- I have been lazy in speaking.
- I have been lazy in acting.
- I have loved laziness .
- I have loved pleasure.
- I have been idle.
- I have not worked hard.
- I have not received the counsel given to me
- I have loved sleep
- I have loved food
- I have loved empty talk.
- I have allowed many things to distract me.
- I have majored in minors.
- I have given excuses for my laziness .
- I have by my laziness opposed, & frustrated your purposes.
- I have not given to the work of the gospels as I should have done were I not lazy.
- I have buried my talents.
- I have waisted your time.
- I have waisted the opportunities that you set before me.
Lord , I plead with you that you forgive and cleanse me from my sin of laziness and from the accompanying sins of Pride, gluttony,grumbling, comparison , jealousy,hatred,lying etc.
Lord I ask all these thing in the name of my Lord and my Saviour Jesus Christ.
If you are sincere , the Lord will forgive you.
Believe that you will remain delivered
- John 8:36 KJV
 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
- Mark 11:22-24 KJV
-  And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.  For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
-  Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them , and ye shall have them .
- God does not carry on an uncompleted projects.
- He has set out to deliver you and you shall remain delivered.
Begin to work hard.
- In the past you gave your self to laziness, you committed the sin deliberately.But now begin to commit yourself to walking hard.
- Consecrate all you have to the,Lord( motive,thought, words,actions ) and begin to work hard.
- Consecrate all your Strength, and act in every situation as He would act in that situation
- Think through all previous activities and make sure you do no longer waist time on things that are enabling you to achieve your life goals.
- Stop procrastination,( I will do it later )and start doing things immediately.
- Write that letter now.
- Make that confession now.
- Tell him/ her you are sorry
- Face that task you have been avoiding.
- Cut that hours of sleep if you love that sleep
- Buy the Alarm clock if need be.
- Begin that prayer or evangelism Programme.
- Begin that exercise regime.
Throw away the old habits and put on new ones
Stop following those old habits that you will need to throw away.
That habits that bound you and ensured that you remained lazy.
- Giving of excuses
- The fear of pain
- Running away from discipline.
- Refusal of responsibility.
- Slowness in:
- Doing any and everything.
- Indiscipline with money,time,resources, everything.
Please it will not be easy to throw away these habits , but they must be thrown away, else the habit will come back.
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 KJV
 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.  And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.  I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:  But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
Luke 11:24-26 KJV
 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.  And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.  Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.
- Ask God to sustain and keep you from going back to your vomit.
- Begin to put on the new man—Ephesians 4:22-24 KJV
-  That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;  And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;  And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
- Renew your mind —Romans 12:2 KJV
-  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- It will not be easy to replace the bad habit with new ones. But it is possible.
- You can overcome evil with good—Romans 12:21 KJV
-  Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
Break up old relationships
- Habits are associated with individuals
- A lazy person has a lazy environment
- Drunkards go together,
- Normally people look for the environment that is most suitable for them to become what they want to be.
- The lazy person is surrender by lazy people who encourage him by their thoughts,words, and actions to increasingly become lazy.
Now you have been forgiven, separate yourself from your old company of lazy people.
- Actively run away from them.
- 1 Corinthians 15:33 NIV-—– Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”
Establish New relationships.
- Now you do not have to be a loner.
- Prayer fully look for good companies that will help to build you up.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-11 KJV
 Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.  For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.  Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone ?
- Look for some one you can be accountable to .
- Deliverance from laziness is just a means to an end. The end is that you begin to work hard and fufil the reason for your creation and good company can help you to achieve that.
- So build new relationships Pray for God to give you good people that can help you.
- So show yourself friendly
- Proverbs 18:24 KJV—– A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
Receive a goal From God and establish it.
- Have a goal and work towards it.
When you were not walking in laziness, you did not seek to know the specific plan of God for your life , but now you are free to seek and fufil them.
Put all yourself into accomplishing your goal.
- You have been set free from laziness.
- You are now free.
- Be focused and do not be distracted.
- You must begin to pursue what you must do
- How you must do it.
- When you must do it.
- The resources that you need for doing it.
- Now get started.
- Put all that you are into it.
- Do not look back.
- Do not count on your weaknesses.
- Do not hold anything back.
- Put all your strength, time,thoughts,will, gifts,life into it.
- Move ahead ,press on,sacrifice entertainment.
- Look to Jesus
- Look to the crown that has been preserved for you,
- Look to the goal He has set before you.
Rise above your handicaps.
- Handicaps are not enough to make you not to achieve your God given Goal.
- There have been lame,blind,deaf,crippled, sick people who have risen to greet heights to accomplish great things for God.
- There are cases of people who cannot see but they had vision and were able to excel in life .
- Vision is a mental picture of a desired goal.
- Pr 29: 18– where there is no vision people PERISH– CAST OFF RESTRAIN.
- — vision is not just eyesight .
- Cobam Asuquo, Steve Wonder, Ray Charles, Paul Kwamna ( blind Unilag Mass Communication graduate) are examples.
- JOSE FELICIANO- born blind from Puerto Rico . Some people suggested he lived his life begging but he refused. He found an old piece of guitar and taught himself how to play.Day and night he practiced ,some times his hands will bleed . He eventually composed the popular Christmas song–FELIZ NAVIDAD—that is known all over the world.
Working together with God
- As you continue to work hard now to fulfill the call of God for your life.
- There will be time of loneliness.
- Times when you think no one understands you. At this time the thought of abandoning every thing will come.Do not yield to that .
- You are not alone. The Lord is with you. You may not feel Him but He is there.
Isaiah 41:10 KJV
 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Isaiah 43:2-5 KJV
 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.  For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.  Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.  Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;